Thursday, April 12, 2018

Spring 2018: Week 4- Prepping Parts for Welding

February 14, 2018

This week, the team continued to prep the steel bar stocks and square tubing for welding (Figure 1  and 2), shown in Figure 3. Dan from the Full Scale bogie team was able to demonstrate TIG welding for the team, and allowed each of us to practice under his supervision. However, due to our inexperience in TIG welding, we were unable to properly join weld the parts in Figure 4. Personally, I had a little trouble keeping my hand steady as I formed a straight puddle line. Although I feel like we're behind schedule, I still feel confident that my team will finish on time. 

Figure 1: Angelo and Bryan Grinding the Steel Flat Bars

Figure 2: Kevin drilling a bore into one end of the steel flat bar


Figure 3: Steel Flat Bar Prep for Welding

Figure 4: Leveling Configuration of Support Section



No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring 2018, Week 15: Completing the Final Presentation

May 9, 2018 On Wednesday, we came into the SSDC to adjust any sections that would cause the bogie to bind. We re-bent a curve section, as ...